Debbie Tung is the creator of the popular blog ‘Where’s My Bubble?’ and the new book “Quiet Girl In A Noisy World’. Starting off as a fashion student and then realising the industry was too fast paced and noisy, Debbie turned to programming before going back to her childhood love of drawing.
In less than a year after starting her Tumblr, ‘Where’s My Bubble?’, Debbie’s introvert-themed illustrations went viral through social media as quiet souls resonated with and shared her work.
We also chat about:
- Creating and art as a way of understanding yourself;
- The impact her work has had on others, especially young people;
- Introversion not being something that we’ve grown up being able to talk about and be proud about;
- “Where’s My Bubble” being an easily accessible way for young people to understand themselves and feel understood;
- The viral sensation of Debbie’s illustrations;
- Creating a business out of your introverted personality and the things that can sometimes be seen as ‘weaknesses’;
- Using art and creativity as a way to clear your head and deal with it;
- The power of the Internet as an ‘introvert-friendly’ way to be in the world.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE:
Connect with Debbie here: