“If people were silent, nothing would change.”
— Malala Yousafzai
At KMS HQ, we believe that empire-building and exponential growth are not the only way to business success. We believe in creating a business that supports your needs, strengths, and energy first. We keep our mission in mind in everything that we do. Read the Cozy Business Mission Statement here.
I acknowledge the Quandamooka Peoples whose land I live, learn, work and play in Wynnum, Australia and pay respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. I am committed to acknowledging and honouring the traditional custodians of the land and their unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land, waters and seas, and their rich contribution to society.
As an individual and a business, I stand for social justice, anti-oppression, anti-racism, anti-capitalism, and sustainable environmental practises. I believe in a people over profits, fairly compensating any guest speakers, teachers, or contractors in my business.
I am committed to contributing a portion of my business income to not-for-profit and socially conscious organisations that work tirelessly in pursuit of equality and justice in the world, particularly for those most marginalised, and whether it is convenient to my business or not. I will not put my own comfort ahead of important issues.
I actively invest in and working on unpacking my own biases to create brave spaces for those who interact with me and my work – both online and in person. Any form of racism, sexism, or other discrimination will not be tolerated.
I am a recognised Inclusive Coach and training to be a certified Trauma-Informed Space Holder to better support all of my clients.
I invest my time, money, and resources into paying it forward to other organisations, coaches, businesses and companies that uphold conscious, ethical practises in both my personal and professional life (in case you like to know the flow of where your investment will head next).
I am conscious of my environmental impact, from not using disposable coffee cups, client gifts, printing, and also my digital footprint.
I have committed to the Hello Seven Anti-Racist Small Business Pledge (you can learn more about this and read the full pledge here), that includes that I pledge to:
- Name white supremacy and the impact of racism on both our personal and professional lives
- Engage in anti-racist education for me and my team.
- Commit to open-conflict and allow discomfort.
- Invest a portion of my monthly company budget to the Black community.
- Express my sincere, long-term commitment to becoming an anti-racist organization.
Code of Ethics
1) Always conduct myself and treat anyone who comes into contact with me and my business with integrity and respect;
2) Protect client confidentiality and never divulge any identifying information about my clients, or client’s lives, with anybody;
3) Respect personal boundaries and always act appropriately;
4) Ensure the safety of my client’s physical, emotional and psychological safety;
5) Only work within my realm of education, qualification and experience, respecting my abilities and limitations;
6) Maintain honesty, transparency, fairness and integrity in all business matters including marketing, pricing and self-promotion.
7) Always work within the limitations of the law and professional bodies I’m associated with.
8) Never take emotional, physical, spiritual, financial, mental (or other) advantage of a client.
9) Always encourage clients to accept responsibility for their own healing, transformation, business, and personal development helping to empower them.
10) Always bring my ‘best self’ to interactions with my clients.
11) Always make sure clients are aware that none of my offers or support are meant to replace proper medical or psychological care or treatment. I will never suggest a client alter or cease any prescribed medications or treatments unless they have been instructed to do so by a licensed medical professional.
12) Make sure all clients and people who come into contact with information provided on this website and in any materials, sessions, or programs are not financial, business, legal or professional advice, only my personal opinions and support.
13) Engage in ethical practises for marketing and sales so potential clients feel safe to make the decision is right for them and not pushed into financial decisions, manipulated by scarcity tactics, or other unethical online business practises.
I acknowledge that my work and message has been created through the lens of a white, cis, able-bodied woman and that my experience and the personal transformation have occurred through the privilege that I hold. I also understand that, in this, many of my experiences may be different to those of someone who holds more marginalised identities.
I invest time, money, and energy working with anti-oppression educators in a continued pursuit of unpacking my privilege, social injustice, and how I can be a better accomplice. This work is ongoing and a lifelong commitment to learning, of which I know I will make mistakes and welcome feedback on how I and my work can be more inclusive.
My work is open to any and all who feel drawn to it, regardless of age, race, sexual or gender orientation, etc. I endeavour to make working with me accessible and inclusive by offering payment plans and being open to other options for those who hold marginalised identities.
I am committed to creating opportunities for diversity (particularly Black, Indigenous, and other Women of Colour) in my podcast and interview guests in all areas of my business including The Emerge + Expand podcast, interview series, and any other programs or resources I create where guest experts or teachers are invited to share their knowledge. As well as choosing not to speak, support, invest or contribute to opportunities, events, interviews, programs etc that are not inclusive.
Where to from here?
If you liked what you read here and you want to go deeper, there are so many directions you can go.
Digging the cozy vibe? Meet me in the Common Room.
Want to know more about me and maybe work together? Let’s chat.
Maybe you want to read some more from me or check out the podcast? Head this way.
I’ve got you.