A NOTE ON MY SOCIAL IMPACT
I acknowledge the Turrbal and Jagera Peoples whose land I live, learn, work and play in Brisbane, Australia and pay respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. I am committed to acknowledging and honouring the traditional custodians of the land and their unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land, waters and seas, and their rich contribution to society.
As an individual and a business, I stand for social justice, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and sustainable environmental practises.
I am committed to contributing a portion of my business income to not-for-profit and socially conscious organisations that work tirelessly in pursuit of equality and justice in the world, particularly for those most marginalised.
I actively invest in and working on unpacking my own biases to create safe spaces for those who interact with me and my work – both online and in person. Any form of racism, sexism, or discrimination will not be tolerated.
I invest my time, money, and resources into paying it forward to other organisations, coaches, businesses and companies that uphold conscious, ethical practises in both my personal and professional life (in case you like to know the flow of where your investment will head next).
I am conscious of my environmental impact, from not using disposable coffee cups, client gifts, printing, and also my digital footprint.
CODE OF ETHICS
1) Always conduct myself and treat anyone who comes into contact with me and my business with integrity and respect;
2) Protect client confidentiality and never divulge any identifying information about my clients, or client’s lives, with anybody;
3) Respect personal boundaries and always act appropriately;
4) Ensure the safety of my client’s physical, emotional and psychological safety;
5) Only work within my realm of education, qualification and experience, respecting my abilities and limitations;
6) Maintain honesty, transparency, fairness and integrity in all business matters including marketing, pricing and self-promotion.
7) Always work within the limitations of the law and professional bodies I’m associated with.
8) Never take emotional, physical, spiritual, financial, mental (or other) advantage of a client.
9) Always encourage clients to accept responsibility for their own healing, transformation, business, and personal development helping to empower them.
10) Always bring my ‘best self’ to interactions with my clients.
11) Always make sure clients are aware that Holistic Therapies are a complimentary treatment, not meant to replace proper medical or psychological care or treatment. I will never suggest a client alter or cease any prescribed medications or treatments unless they have been instructed to do so by a licensed medical professional.
12) Make sure all clients and people who come into contact with information provided on this website and in any materials, sessions, or programs are not financial, business, or professional advice, only my personal opinions and support.
I acknowledge that my work and message has been created through the lens of a white, cis, able-bodied woman and that my experience and the personal transformation have occurred through the privilege that I hold. I also understand that, in this, many of my experiences may be different to those of someone who holds more marginalised identities.
I invest time, money, and energy working with anti-oppression educators in a continued pursuit of unpacking my privilege, social injustice, and how I can be a better accomplice. This work is ongoing and a lifelong commitment to learning, of which I know I will make mistakes and welcome feedback on how I and my work can be more inclusive.
My work is open to any and all who feel drawn to it, regardless of age, race, sexual or gender orientation, etc. I endeavour to make working with me accessible and inclusive by offering payment plans and being open to other options for those who hold marginalised identities.
I am committed to creating opportunities for diversity (particularly BIWOC) in my podcast and interview guests in all areas of my business including The League of Extraordinary Introverts podcast, the SensitiveU YouTube channel and podcast, and any other programs or resources I create where guest experts or teachers are invited to share their knowledge. As well as choosing not to speak, support, invest or contribute to opportunities, events, interviews, programs etc that are not inclusive.