At the beginning of 2013, I had a feeling that something big was going to happen. I didn’t quite know what, but I knew it was coming and it was going to be life changing. It was time for me to step up.
Looking back at my goals for the year, I realise now that so many of them actually happened.
I also noticed a few that weren’t specific enough and came about in completely different ways to how I intended.
LESSON: Always be as specific as possible with goals. Don’t leave them open to interpretation!
As always, my year was spent with all my favourite people – my man, my family, some old friends, and some new – I always prioritise this in my yearly goal list and the more importance I place on it, the more wonderful people I welcome into my life.
I placed a lot of emphasis on really LIVING this year. I didn’t want my year to be about having to work full time and pay bills and sit in traffic. I enjoyed the little things. I made choices to be happier in my every day life and deal with my crap so I could be free from it.
I FINALLY went to New York. I can’t tell you how long this has been on my goal list for. At least 10 years. I went with my mum and, I have to say, this is one of my greatest achievements of the year!
I worked out what I wanted to do, launched The Beauty of Life, and started taking serious steps to make my big dreams come true. I faced a lot of fears, I uncovered a lot of other fears I didn’t even know existed and I let go of a lot of stuff that was holding me back.
I found kinesiology and coaching and teachers who could help me let go and get over myself, to discover who I am and what I want from this life. It was challenging
For me, 2013 has been a year of discovery, letting go, and planning. 2014, just you wait, shit is about to get real. This is the year to step up and OWN it.
I am so grateful for everything I’ve experienced this year and for my relationships:
– My man, who believes in me when sometimes I forget how
– My always supportive and supremely wonderful family
– My true friends, who I’ve been through so much with over the years
– The new people who have come into my life this year
– The people I’ve learned from this year (just too many to name)
– And to you, my readers. When I started The Beauty of Life, I was scared to let go of my old site, I was terrified to put myself out there, and while it’s still all coming together, I am so grateful for your support, your comments, your emails, and you showing up here. It means the world to me and, I promise you, 2014 is going to be a whole new level. I hope to see you back here in the new year. Let’s turn up and live our dreams together!
How was your 2013? Did you set out what you hoped to achieve? Let me know in the comments what 2013 meant to you.