Amanda Rootsey is a coach, teacher, model, and brand ambassador, as well as a gentle soul and all round beautiful person. We had an amazing chat about surviving the fashion industry at a young age – as an introvert – and how that led her to creating a business to help young women feel supported and confident as they grow up.
In this episode, we chat about:
- The frustrations as a younger person of not understanding your introverted needs
- The importance of nurturing young women
- The extraverted ideal and how that affects quieter young people (and how to support your introverted teen)
- Finding balance and working on the relationships with the people in your life
- Working with young people to find confidence through connecting with themselves
- Sisterhood and support for women at all ages
- Running a business that plays to your strengths and attracting like minded people to you
LISTEN TO THE EP HERE:
ALSO MENTIONED IN THIS EP:
Amanda Rootsey is an eco-model, gentle-living coach, writer & passionate educator. She spent many years as a fashion model, working in Australia and Europe for labels such as Salvatore Ferragamo, Myer, Alex Perry and Cartier, to name a few.
But after a 2-year battle with cancer, she decided to settle on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. Being diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma certainly changed her perspective on life and inspired her to go vegan, simplify, start meditating, enjoy each moment and encourage others to find their balance and joy in life.
Amanda also presents a fresh and inspiring take on personal development training for teen girls through her business, Shine From Within, with a strong focus on self-love, compassion for others and healthy living. Her positive, yet calming attitude provides a nurturing environment for her young students and nothing gives her greater pleasure than to see her students shine bright and realize their full potential.
To learn more about Amanda’s work, connect with her here: