League of Extraordinary Introverts Podcast with Cameron Airen
I was lucky to be introduced by Cameron by a friend – don’t you love introverts on the internet? I can’t tell you the number of people I connect with regularly who don’t live anywhere near me and Cameron is one of those wonderful souls.
This conversation was from earlier in the year and I am still trying to work out where the last few months have gone, but it’s here and I’m so excited to share it with you. Cameron is one of those people I could just talk to for hours and I know you’re going to love this episode.
We also chat about:
- Understanding identities and the binaries between introverts and extroverts (as well as gender and sexuality binaries)
- Knowing your identity for your own self awareness and then being able to embrace the fluidity of those identities;
- Finding your own definition of what it means to be introverted, highly sensitive, empathic, instead of what society and social media defines these identities as;
- How our patriarchal society affects everyone and doesn’t allow any of us to be who we are;
- The way highly sensitive people are misunderstood in our society and how showing emotion is something that we’re taught we shouldn’t express;
- How parents want to protect their children who are highly sensitive, queer, non-binary, etc but how it can cause bigger issues;
- That everyone struggles with gender – even if you don’t question your gender;
- Navigating being sensitive to people who have experienced oppression and how to engage with people who hold marginalised identities;
- Listening and being really mindful of the language we use;
- The importance of self care as a highly sensitive person.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE:
Also mentioned in this ep:
- Our mutual friend Naomi Arnold, check out her League episode here
- Thrive and Shine eCourse
- Podcast episode “Are you really cis-gendered?”
Cameron Airen is a mindset coach who helps feminist introverts, empaths and highly sensitive folks reclaim their superpowers and thrive and shine in the world. In addition, she works as a gender consultant with CEOs, companies, solo entrepreneurs and creatives to help them integrate a gender and social consciousness into their business and work so they can be a part of a growing movement of positive social change.
Cameron has a Masters degree in Anthropology & Social Change from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco and a B.A. in Women & Gender Studies from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL.
They have over eight years of experience helping individuals connect to and take care of their bodies, emotions and mental health, and supporting folks to grow more into themselves and create more powerful change in the world. Cameron also has over a decade of experience studying gender, feminism, sexuality and social change and getting free from internalized oppression, which she uses as some of the tools to help her clients experience more freedom in their minds, hearts, bodies, and life.
Cameron was the creator and host of blog and podcast, Real Feminist Stories, where she interviewed over 70 diverse feminists doing amazing things in the world and having important social justice conversations. She was also the creator and host of the weekly Twitter chat #feministstory, and has facilitated feminist spaces and conversations online, and co-facilitated workshops and programs to help folx get free from patriarchy, gender norms, internalized oppression, integrate feminist and social justice values and beliefs into their business, and connect more to their joy. They have also co-facilitated in-person spaces for women to connect more with their sexuality and pleasure.
Her current podcast, Live A Conscious Life mirrors her coaching practice helping folks experience greater freedom in their mind, heart, body and spirit and expanding their awareness of justice.
Cam is a digital nomad and works with clients from all over the globe.
Connect with Cameron here: