Let’s face it, friends, 2020 has been a rollercoaster. I don’t think anyone has emerged unscathed. And whilst we have all endured different challenges, probably none equal or comparable to each other, we find ourselves facing the flickering out of another year. The next question is, are you ready to emerge – renewed and not-as-before – as we transition into a new year?
To my new coaches, healers, designers, service-based business folks, I’m looking at you.
If you have been thinking about starting your business. Hesitating. Procrastinating. Overthinking it. Not feeling ready or confident.
Whether you’re just getting ready to emerge, you’ve been dipping your toes in for a while but haven’t really gone all in yet, whatever it is… are you ready to entertain the possibility that 2021 is just around the corner and waiting for you?
5 Ways To Get Ready To Emerge
Almost since the beginning of my business, I have worked with new business owners and the same things come up over and over. Here are some of my best tips to get you ready and out into the world.
1. Know Your Energy and Your Vision
There are SO many things to think about when you’re just starting out in business. And I don’t think that really ever goes away. But, especially for more introverted and sensitive types, the energy that it takes to hold all of that and keep showing up can be a lot.
Before you start a new project, business, or creating anything just tap in for a minute or two. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Take some deep breaths and instead of trying to THINK of all the answers and get into that overthinking headspace, just sit with the questions you have. Feel what your intuition, your gut, your soul, your heart, your big vision (whatever most speaks to you) has to contribute and what feels right for you.
Any time you get into that frantic overthinking spiral, come back to just taking some deep breaths and slowing down. Go for a walk. Take a shower. Whatever you need to move your energy out of your mind and into your body.
2. Focus On ONE Thing
Working with lots of new business owners, the thing I witness more often than not is that my clients start talking about their business that might be a 1:1 service. Then suddenly – in the same breath – they’re also wanting to launch a course, a book, a membership, and a bunch of free things. I get it. Umm hello, millennial here. We should be called the multi-passionate generation. I get it. I get the shiny things, and the distractions, and all the ideas. I’m a fan.
But, when you’re just starting out, keep it simple.
Especially if you are more introverted and/or highly sensitive. Because the more we put on our plate, the more our energy is going out in lots of different directions and we start getting overwhelmed and drained. Choose one thing. Launch ONE thing. And then start to incorporate more ideas over time. There’s no rush.
3. Get Your Basics Set Up
Let’s face it, none of us got into business to be doing admin and setting up systems, am I right (except all you wonderful, life saving Virtual Assistants and Online Business Managers, etc). You want to just get out in the world and do your thing, right?
But having a really simple plan and set up is going to save you lots of headaches down the track and – again – it doesn’t have to be fancy (notice a theme yet?) It will also evolve over time as you grow.
Here are just a few things you might start with:
- Having your client journey mapped out (even if it’s just a rough idea that you can update as you go). What do you need set up for when clients start coming your way?
- As you reply to emails from enquiries or new clients signing on, save those replies as templates so you don’t keep re-typing the same emails over and over.
- Set up a booking system, invoicing, email reminders, anything that you can automate in your process to save you time and energy doing admin so you can focus on the important things.
- Start making a list of things you WANT to do or things you might be able to outsource or automate so, when the time comes, you are organised and know where to start.
- Have documents and templates set up in Google Drive for new clients, ending clients, enquiries, anything else you might need.
- Start an ‘admin manual’ where you store all your links, branding info, checklists and SOPs.
4. Get Your Website Up And Running
This is one of the things I have probably said the most in my business life – your website is the most anticlimactic thing you will ever put your energy into. It takes so much time and effort (or money if you get someone else to do it). You really need to have one these days so people know you’re a real business. But it is not as important as you think it is. But it is important.
Get it up and running as quickly as possible. Because – just like how you’ll probably get bored and change your hair colour in a few months – your website is an easily changeable and fluid entity that will evolve and change as you do.
It will never feel done or perfect so get it up and change it as you need to. Oh, and just write from the heart. It will speak to your people WAY more than what the online world deems ‘good copy’. I promise.
5. Launch, Baby!
Launch, launch, launch, launch, launch. You will learn more about yourself, your energy, your dream client, your offer, and who you’re currently in front of than any course, business book, plan, strategy, anything.
I cannot tell you the clients I have worked with who, just as I’m pushing them out of the nest into the world, they suddenly feel the need to write a free eBook, or do something else that will delay the launch of their website, offering, program for another month or two. EVERYONE. Everyone does this. I am literally the only highly sensitive introvert I know who has an idea and launches something 2 days later before it’s even anything yet.
Every time you launch, you learn. Even if you don’t get the results you want, or no one notices (because your business is BRAND NEW), it doesn’t matter. It’s who you become during the process that makes all the difference.
You evaluate, you tweak, and you go again.
Not launching until you feel ready is just hiding. And you are too special and have too much to offer for that to be okay.
I really hope that these five tips have given you something to think about to get you started. But, if you’re feeling a bit like a baby bird, standing on the edge of the nest looking at the scary world below and not knowing if your wings are going to work. I’ve got you.
I will be the mumma bird and I will push you out of the nest. Because I genuinely believe that you have something to share and that your work matters. And that’s why I have created Emerge and want to invite you to join the intensive first round.
Introducing Emerge 2021: The Summer Sessions
I have noticed a gap for a LONG time between doing a course, program, or certification to learn a new skill and the space between finishing that and suddenly having a business. In fact, I have been there a couple of times myself.
You go from being in this beautiful, nourishing, supportive container, learning and growing and feeling amazing. And suddenly, you’re on your own and your new skill is only about 10% of what owning a business actually is.
Your waypoint between leaving one comfortable learning experience and entering the real online business world where you can feel supported and start to cultivate the energy of what your business feels like and stands for, combined with practical momentum building to get you up and out into the world.
- The joy and certainty of starting 2021 with a plan, a clear message, and the alignment and clarity to focus on the important things with confidence.
- Having the basics set up in your behind-the-scenes so you know what to do when that first client comes through.
- Knowing what to put energy into with your website and social media so that it doesn’t take a year to launch, and so that you can focus on the important thing: your clients.
- Creating and launching your first main offer, without distractions and getting side tracked so your energy is contained and your ideas are organised for future projects
- Getting your work out into the world and knowing what to do each day/week to keep the momentum going and find your flow for the rest of the year.
- Having. A. Plan.
- Spending 5 weeks with like minded souls in the early stages of their business, feeling supported, seen, and energised. There are no silly questions or judgements here.
Can you think of a better way to begin the new year?
What Emerge Looks Like
We’re going to be together for a good time, not a long time but the energy of the container is already feeling bright and sparkly.
If you know my work at all, you’ll know that it often combines energetic activations and practises with practical strategy. And Emerge is no different.
Think of this:
- 5 weeks of weekly workshops to get the most important aspects of your business sorted.
- Energy activations and practices to support you long after the program finishes.
- A powerful blueprint of your own making to keep with you as your guiding light as you make decisions and declarations throughout the year.
- Templates and tools to keep it easy and practical
I am pulling together my knowledge of nearly 7 years of working with emerging business owners and putting it together in one place for less than a tenth the investment of what working 1:1 with me costs.
- 5 x 1 hour workshops (valued at $2500)
- 5 x 1 hour Q+A sessions (valued at $1250)
- My Soul Business Blueprint (currently not available anywhere) (valued at $97)
- My Signature Soul Business Activation + Daily Alignment (valued at $127)
- Trello Boards and Templates To Plan Your Projects, Launches, Clients, and more! (valued at $297)
- Heavily Discounted Coaching Sessions if you need some extra 1:1 support
- PAY IN FULL BONUS: A 2-hour content creation class (valued at $500)
Valued at $4271
Special Launch Price: $497 (or 3 x payments of $167) if you join before November 30, 2020.
Join after November 30, 2020: $597 (or 3 x payments of $199)
So, are you ready to emerge in 2021?
Are You Ready To Emerge?
Each week we will be focusing on an area to take time (and overthinking) out of the equation to get you up and running so you have your main bases covered. There WILL be more that you need to do, over time, but this will be a great start.
Here are the workshops:
WEEK 1 – January 5, 2021 – Your 2021
We will be setting the container of the group, but also doing some energy work to connect with your work and start creating your own container for your business to exist within and to start mapping out a plan for the year.
WEEK 2 – January 12, 2021 – Your Main Offer
We’ll work together to create the foundations of your main offer in alignment with your message and your bigger vision for your work.
WEEK 3 – January 19, 2021 – Your Foundations
None of us got into business because we’re admin experts. We got into business to support our clients. But, at least at first, we need to have some things under our belt to make the behind the scenes flow and feel pro.
WEEK 4 – January 26, 2021 – Your Online Presence
Whether you already have a website or you haven’t started, let’s supercharge the most anticlimactic part and get down to business with exactly what you need and how to get your website up and aligned with your message. We’ll also cover some social media basics so you are consistent across your online presence.
WEEK 5 – February 2, 2021 – Your Launch
You might have already launched (sort of). Or you’ve had a website up for a while and haven’t done much lately. Or you’re genuinely just getting started. Either way, we’re going to spend our last week together cultivating energy and momentum around your work and how you call in your next paying client (whether it’s your first or 5th).
WEEK 6 – February 9, 2021 – Your Creations (PAY IN FULL BONUS SESSION)
We’re going to get into creation mode, playing with ideas, pulling them into motion, how they lead to magnetising your dream clients. How to start energising the vision, instead of feeling obligated to post and how to flow with your creativity instead of feeling distracted by them.
Are you in?
I KNOW that this year has felt like a lot, I have been swirling around in it too. But in the past week or so, I have been feeling a renewed lightness, a burst of creativity, and a spark of something magical that has been a bit distant and disconnected this year.
That doesn’t mean that there isn’t work to do (there is). But let’s gently and joyfully move through and play in this energy together – and what better way to do that than to expand into the gifts you KNOW that you are here to share and to bring that light to the world.
There is uncertainty ahead of us – as with any year, but maybe this year more than ever – but our business, our plans, and our connection with the energy of the work we’re here to do doesn’t need to be adding to that.
Join us for Emerge 2021 and let’s make magic happen.
OTHER DETAILS YOU MAY NEED:
- Calls will be at 11am-1pm AEST/Brisbane time from the 5th of January 2021-2nd February 2021.
- The Pay In Full bonus session will be 11am-1pm AEST on 9th February 2021
- The first hour will be the workshop, with the Q+A following straight after.
- Calls will be held on Zoom and recorded if you can’t make it live.
Any other questions, please DM me or email info(at)katherinemackenziesmith(dot)com